Updated: Aug 8, 2019
The moon phases affects all of the water on the planet, including the water in your body. You’ve heard that your body is mostly water, and so you can understand—and may already be experiencing—the fluctuations of this special lunar phase on an emotional level.
The lunar cycles powerfully affect your emotional body because it’s anchored into your physical body through the element of water. During an eclipse you can experience a broader range of emotions as your emotional body has the opportunity to clear and re-balance.
An lunar eclipse occurs when the full moon passes through the shadow of the earth, momentarily blocking the its light before appearing full again in the night sky.
On the worldwide scale this lunar phase causes high tides to be higher, and low tides to be lower. So too, are our emotions similarly affected, the up’s can be higher and unfortunately the downs can be lower.
If you’re feeling great, then yay! Keep doing what you’re doing! But sometimes the clearing can make you cranky or upset. Take solace that those are simply old, fearful emotions leaving you! All of this is good to know, but I thought I’d pass along some information for easing this shift, cause it isn’t so much fun if you’re feeling grouchy.
1. The affects of the eclipse are strongest in the three days before and three days after the full moon. Remember; this is temporary!
2. Drink plenty of water. What’s plenty? The formula is: your body weight (in pounds) divided by 2; is an ideal number of ounces of water to drink per day.
3. Get plenty of rest. What’s plenty? No less than eight hours. You’re going through a lot of change. Sleep it off :)
4. If negative feelings come up then write them down on a piece of paper, and then (safely) burn the paper. This will help with the emotional clearing.
5. For a little emotional pick-me-up use our “Soulful Smile” Here & Now Sacred Room Spray #4 for emotional clarity. Its designed to brighten your spirits and lift you up, but works great on those around you too!